Re: Subject: [OM] TTL connectors

Subject: Re: Subject: [OM] TTL connectors
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 15:52:26 +1100
Frank van Lindert wrote:

> I have never seen any female sockets or connectors, other than the
> built-in ones on the Olympus equipment.

I call those (recessed) male plugs, since they have prongs
inside. No doubt, as with all plugs, the gold plating wears off
and they need to be replaced in time, but that is not my current
(sorry!) problem. I meant the ones on the ends of the cables.

> You could always make a dedicated multi-connector yourself, more or
> less the way you described, with up to eight or nine outlets.

That kind of thing might be down the track if I ever do studio
stuff. Two guns is all I would ever need for field macro work,
and for that I'd just wire it up in Christmas tree style. I'm
also wondering how much you can hang off an OM2n before
the circuit fries. I presume the Olympus multiconnectors are
just that, with no fancy semiconductor switching or whatever.

Actually, once you get to that many guns it might be better to
use Metz guns and a single SCA adaptor to Olympus at the camera.
Or fixed lighting, so the modelling is more easily judged.