[OM] Camera Bag Suggestions?

Subject: [OM] Camera Bag Suggestions?
From: Jan Steinman <jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 19:25:50 -0800
>From: Dave Haynie <dhaynie@xxxxxxxxxx>
>... my old KIWI bag
>just doesn't cut it anymore. I'm looking for the next step up, or maybe
>two. With enough room for my six lenses and some more Zuikos...
>
>I'm leaning toward the LowePro Commercial AW, but happy for any
>recommendations...

Have you considered a backpack-style case, like their Trekker series? I've
never much cared for lugging a camera bag around by the handle. (But the
Trekkers also have handles if you want to pretend they're a "normal" bag
for a while.) They also have the advantage of not looking like camera bags
-- who wants to steal a dirty sleeping bag and some freeze-dried food? :-)

I've had a Photo Trekker AW for a few months, and am delighted with it.
Lowe also makes backpacks for serious backpackers, and it shows -- I've
carred the PT AW on several 8 to 10 mile walks painlessly, stuffed full of
Oly gear.

Shameless plug: as part of an "all or nothing" deal I recently made, I have
a like-new Nature Trekker AW. This is the next smaller model to my Photo
Trekker AW, and I can't justify keeping both. It should hold six Zuikos and
a couple bodies and some accessories with little problem, depending, of
course, on which six lenses we're talking about. I recently packed it with
a 300/4.5, 85-250, 180/2.8, 90/2, 40/2, 35/2, 24/2.8, 18/3.5, OM-4, and
OM-4T, and a few little items. Based on a B&H ad for $219.95, I've been
asking $195 for it, but I'll listen to serious offers.

: Jan Steinman <mailto:jans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
: 19280 Rydman Court, West Linn, OR 97068-1331 USA
: +1.503.635.3229