Re: [OM] SpotMetering Book

Subject: Re: [OM] SpotMetering Book
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 23:05:22 EST
In a message dated 98-11-28 19:07:38 EST, you, Bruce Appelbaum, write:

<< The author makes a series of "cheatsheets" available for various cameras
(FNikon N90/90s, Nikon N70,   Nikon N6006, Nikon N50, Pentax PZ-1p, Pentax
ZX-5N, Canon EOS  Rebel-X/Rebel-G, Canon Elan II  E, Minolta MAXXUM 500si,
Minolta MAXXUM 700si), but not for the OM.  Messages between the author and me
indicate his willingness to produce these cheatsheets for the OMs, but he has
not been able to  get Olympus to loan him an OM3/4 or 2000 for a few weeks.

How dare he leave out the best spotmetering system in the industry!!  I thnk
that we could teach him a thing or two.   Does anyone want to help Farzad out?
I think it would benefit Olympus and its longevity.

That aside, he does know how to use a spotmeter if you look at his photos on
the Nature Photography Image Critique (Phil Greenspun's site). I even saw a
Shawn Wright photos posted there (Aside:  good job on those maple leaves; here
in So Cal the sycamores and other deciduous trees go from green directly to
brown)

Warren Kato