Re: [OM] Zuiko 180mm f4 1:1 Macro Available!

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 180mm f4 1:1 Macro Available!
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:20:23 GMT
Hi Jan, and all others.

I also removed the tab (yes, the whole tab!) a year ago, with the same
usage on the 2xA in mind. The tab indeed serves no other purpose than
protection against the imprudent.

I did it the easy way, using only my right thumb as an instrument.
Oh, almost forgot: I used a Super Black (flat black) touch-up pen as
well...

I held the lens, with rear element retracted completely like you
described, firm in my left hand, and pressed with my right thumb
against the protection tab, in outward direction - and off it came!

It was spotwelded in three places, and after I covered the bare metals
spot with a little bit of Birchwood Casey flat black nobody can tell
that the tab was ever there.

Took me three minutes - and I avoided a lot of fuss borrowing
instruments I don't own... BTW, why leave part of the tab on the lens
if it is that useless?

Frank van Lindert,
Utrecht NL.