Re: [OM] OM-3T brassing

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3T brassing
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:20:30 +0100
VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> These plastic quick release connectors you describe - are these hard
> plastic and won't they scratch the 4Ti paint as well?

They of the kind you find on backpacks, just smaller. They are made of
hard plastic. Nearly every combination of materials will be abrasive if
rubed hard enough. The advantage of plastic over metal for our purpose
is, that plastic wont have sharp edges.

> Are they
> specially made for this purpose? And what exactly is "heat shrinking
> tube"?

I don´t know the exact English term for them, they are used in
electronics to isolate wires.  In Germany we call them
"Schrumpfschlauch". The tubes diameter will shrink if exposed to heat,
following the shape of the interior part, this change is permanet.
You will find them in electronic shops.

Regards

Richard