Re: [OM] OM-3T brassing

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-3T brassing
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 07:11:42 -0500
>Better use plastic quick release connectors (Tamrac etc.).
>If you like to use the original Olympus straps (like me) cover the
metal
>eyelets with  some heat shrinking tube. The thick plastic will prefent
>scratches and the sliping through of the strap. Of course, if you feel
>the need to adjust the lenght of the strap you have to cut the tube and
>use new one after adjustment.

Thanks for these ideas. I use elastic straps that help to reduce the
weight of the camera with lens by absorbing shocks when you walk, and
attached them with metal quick release connectors to small metal rings
put onto the camera eyelets.
These plastic quick release connectors you describe - are these hard
plastic and won't they scratch the 4Ti paint as well? Are they
specially made for this purpose? And what exactly is "heat shrinking
tube"?

Hans