[OM] Databack Tip

Subject: [OM] Databack Tip
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 18:43:52 -0500 (EST)
I was filing away some of my negatives the other day and it occured
to me that I'd never seen anyone on this list mention the following
tip.  I always shoot those first couple of blank shots that are at
the beginning of a roll (the ones before the counter gets to one)
with my databack turned on and set to the current date, the lens
cap on, and the camera set to manual.  This causes the date to be
clearly imprinted at the start of the film on what would otherwise be
wasted film.  I find the date comes in handy when trying to file
away my negatives.  Of course this little trick only works with
wonderful little non-auto everything cameras like ours.  Try that
with your built-in-winder-auto-load-plastic-wonder-bricks :-)
                                -mark