Re: [OM] FS Zuiko 200mm f5 - AUCTION NOW?

Subject: Re: [OM] FS Zuiko 200mm f5 - AUCTION NOW?
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 21:55:46 -0600

>I hope to understand the rules of the game as soon as possible. In
>these case, I accept the decision taken by the potential buyers, at the
>request of that
>which made the first setting, the first answer is the purchaser. That seems
>however a little
>unjust to me when all the members of the list are not on the same time
>zone. Does
>somebody have a suggestion on this problem?
>
>However, it seems to me normal that a seller want to obtain a right price
>unless it
>precisely does not seek a fast sale.
>For this reason, I believe that it is preferable to offer the
>hardware, either by giving :
>an idea of the price and indicating that the best offer will be retained;
>or, if necessary, a minimum price (reserve) and best offer.
>
>An auction is a different process: Each person knows the setting of others
>and can
>overbid, which raises the price. It was not however my objective, if not I
>would sell on
>EBAY.

Maybe we should at least establish the rules that IF a seller says
a certain Item is a given price, then it should go to the first person
to meet OR exceed that price.  The few items I have sold on this list
have been done that way and the deals went smoothly.  The seller,
of course, has the option of taking less than that, so this also
covers "$100 OBO" type sales -- the seller sells to the first person
posting the price the seller is happy with.

If it is a Minimum amount stated such as "$75 minimum" then in
reality it is kind of getting to be like an auction -- and I'm not sure
how the list should handle that.  Maybe we could set up our
own Ebay-type web page just for list members? :-)

Mark Hammons