Re: [OM] Re: Right Angle Body / ?? Adapter I.D. Needed

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Right Angle Body / ?? Adapter I.D. Needed
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 18:42:26 -0800
My first guess was a star diagonal for a telescope, but I've never seen one
with a diaphram in it.  Why would one ever want to *reduce* the amount of
starlight?  I can't imagine.....

Then it occured to me it could be an right angle adapter to use a telephoto
lens as a spotting scope, similar to what Lee Hawkins fabricated a while
back.  His design was straight thru, but with a mirror, a right angle
arrangement is simple enough.  Perhaps to an older Canon (pre-EOS days)
breech mount.  About one inch diameter (.960 I think) is the O.D. of
inexpensive telescopic eyepieces.  (as info, 1.25 inch is the norm for most
eyepieces and 2 inch for premium ones.)

Still, the diaphram baffles me.  I've only seen those on microscope
attachments.  But then, there's a lot I haven't seen yet <g>.  Please do
tell when you have a positive ID.

John P
______________________________________
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".

Buddy Walters  <ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx> wondered:

>This looks like an oversized Varimagni Finder that attaches to the lens
mount
>of an OM body.
>I'll start from the body and go out.
>1. The body mounting adapter is like, although not the same size, (and does
>not fit) as the one on the OM Bellows.  It fits into a collar(1/2" deep)
and
>has a groove / locking screw so the body can rotate 360 degrees.
>2. The Body / Collar is attached to a 90 degree mirror assembly (like our
OM