Re: [OM] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Split the list

Subject: Re: [OM] CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Split the list
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 07:35:53 +0000
Having administered the list at one time let me say I do not support
this idea.

There is more work to do behind the scenes than most would realize,
mostly related to manually dealing with failures to subscribe,
unsubscribe or post messages.  I am not saying that this is in any
way hard, it just takes a little time on occasion.

Two lists would inevitably increase this work load, perhaps
substantially, as it would increase the possibility for confusion with
subscribers who would be wondering why they are still getting list
traffic after unsubscribing from the list (but not the other!).

This is just related to administering the list software.  Shawn not
only does but physically hosts it as well.  I think he has enough to
do - and does it very well!

Anyone wanting another list - You volunteer to host/administer it.

If you find this list too much of a burden on your time, you are free
to unsubscribe at any time.

Giles

PS  - anyone know the "Tastes like S*** - but delicious" joke?

Very apropos I think.