Re: [OM] Instead of splitting the list (was: call for discussion......)

Subject: Re: [OM] Instead of splitting the list (was: call for discussion......)
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 20:35:48 GMT
On Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:04:19 -0500 (EST), *- DORIS FANG -*
<sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   A new split proposal, and here's my 2 cents...
>
>   No, do not split the list. First, there's the real-world consideration
>for Shawn W., who is gracious enough to host this list for us as it is.
>But I do have  a proposal: Clearly label your posts. If it is for sale,
>F/S, or 4 sale. If it is off-topic, (OT). That would go a long way towards
>helping people make their way through the list a little faster.
>
>                                       *= Doris Fang =*

Good idea, Doris.

This will help me categorizing the posts automatically for easier
reading - which was my only concern because naturally I read all
messages in due course ;-)

Maybe we can develop a system here, or adopt any existing one.

To start with I would suggest:

FS for sale
WTB wanted to buy

OT off-topic (very sensible suggestion indeed, Doris!)

maybe more categories will follow...

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht Holland