[OM] 200/4 Lens Hood

Subject: [OM] 200/4 Lens Hood
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 12:29:24 EST
I have a 200/4 Zuiko which I bought new about 18 years ago. It has remained in
remarkably good shape, with one exception. The built in lens hood (and ONLY
the hood) has some severe paint flaking on it. The rest of the lens is
essentially unmarked. I'm guessing that maybe there was a bad batch of paint?

In any event, I've been thinking about removing the hood and refinishing it.
Does anyone know how to remove these hoods? Am I crazy for even thinking about
doing this?

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI