[OM] OM1 meter color sensitivity

Subject: [OM] OM1 meter color sensitivity
From: "Perry Bain" <BainP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 17:30:43 -0500
I recently got an orange filter for B&W photography, thinking it would be a
good compromise between a yellow and red. I've always just metered through
the filters on my OM1, expecting that the in-camera meter would correct for
the decreased light. While using this filter, though, I didn't seem to be
losing as much light as I thought I should (I was expecting maybe 1 to 1.5
stops). In fact, the meter indicated less than half a stop change when I
put the filter on. (BTW, this is a Hoya HMC O (G) filter.)

This leads me to the conclusion that perhaps the OM1 meter is primarily
sensitive to light at the orange/red end of the spectrum. Does anyone else
have any experience with this? I'm thinking that perhaps some adjustment of
the ASA dial may be needed with this type of filter.

Perry Bain
bainp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx