[OM] OM gallery into a book?

Subject: [OM] OM gallery into a book?
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 20:09:46 +0100
Friends,

I have been wondering if I should have send this to Garth Wood only or
to the list. I finally decided to write to the list as it might interest
some more than me.

I have an idea, you know.
The Olympus gallery is now including many photographers and even more
photos. However, I find it would be a great idea to make a book of all
the photos.
I went through some contributors' photos today and there are sure
incredible stuff to show the world! I have read a few photo books, and
some has been good some not too good. I am pretty sure an OM photo
gallery as a book would be just fantastic. Why? Because there would be
so many different subjects from so many different places on Earth, add
to that so many different styles. All this in one book!
Besides, so many of the photos are so good it is hard to believe they
are taken by amateurs with limited time and equipment. A book of this
would give more people a possibility to enjoy these photos at any time
without being forced to have an Internet connection - and even if they
have they have to know the address.
Also, I find photos on paper, like in a book, to be better than watching
the same pictures on a computer screen. And these pictures deserve the
best. Don't you agree?

All the contributors would have their own chapter with some brief
information of who the person are, about where he or she lives, when the
person started using Olympus cameras, lenses and accessories, and why
he/she love the Olympus stuff. It could also include a small portrait of
the contributor.
Then, there would be photos from the contributor which could be of any
subject and taken with any lens from fisheye to super telephoto - just
as the web gallery are today.

The reason to this idea is that a book could be great in peoples homes,
at libraries and so on. Besides, we are from so many countries that we
could sell the books worldwide. The book would also help unknowing
people understand that the OM system are good and contains a lot of
accessories and possibilities. Perhaps this could give the system a kick
and survive?

Naturally the copyright would still be of "The Unofficial Olympus Web
Photo Gallery Trust". And naturally Garth has the last word in this.

So, what do you all say? A good idea, or a crazy idea?

Personally, I would like to have an Olympus gallery book in my bookcase!

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen

P.S.
For you who have been or will be writing to me off the list, please note
that I have a new email address as I have been moving to another ISP.
Please feel free to update the address in your address book.