Re: [OM] OM-1 vs OM-1n?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1 vs OM-1n?
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 13:57:04
Hi Shawn,

These are Canadian bucks, right?  If the two OM-1(x)s are in equal
condition, the OM-1n is not worth that much more $$$ than the OM-1 IMHO in
terms of what you are getting and taking out into the field.  Having said
that, that seems like a very good price on the OM-1n, and exceptionally
good on the OM-1, particularly with in-store pricing.

Joel

At 10:41 AM 10/31/1998 -0800, you wrote:
>Yesterday I found an OM-1 and OM-1n in a local store. I went in to have a
>look at the Stylus Epic for my wife's birthday (to replace her stolen
Trip35).

>The OM-1 was marked at $159, while the OM-1n was $239. I had a quick
>look at the OM-1, and after the clerk replaced the battery, the meter seemed
>to work fine. It appeared very clean, with no marks, and the insides and
lens
>mount showed evidence of fairly light use. It had a Shoe 1 (cracked), and a
>matte screen with centre prism, no split. Visible foam in mirror box looked
>good, but foam on back was starting to get sticky. Mirror lockup worked.
Self