Re: [OM] OM-4T(and others... (eyepoint)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T(and others... (eyepoint)
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 14:43:12 +0100
Marco schrieb:
> I did measure a screen. it is 35.7mm * 23.9mm that is 98.75%. Of course in
> the camera the actual surface viewed can be a bit less.
> the magnification is due to the ratio between focal lenght of the ocular
> lens and taking lens.

Testing my newly acquired (used) 1:1 macro lens on mm-grid-paper I found that
the viewfinder of my OM-2 shows just a little less (0.5 to 1mm at 1:1) than the
actual slide did (apart from introducing a fair bit of pincushion distortion).
But then, the frame of the mounted slide is a little smaller than the frame of
the viewfinder again, so in the end it works out quite nicely.

Hope this helps,
Soenke, Hamburg

BTW: The lens is a Kiron 105/2.8 and I'm impressed with the results. Sharpness
is excellent, contrast is good, distortion on the slides is minimal (hence the
grid-paper-test), even flare-control is very good (tested by taking a photo of a
clear lightbulb at 0.3x mag). And it's built like a piece of soviet agricultural
machinery: heavy, bulky and decidedly robust-looking (the only drawback I can
see so far :).