Re: Re[2]: [OM] OM-4T(and others... (eyepoint)

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [OM] OM-4T(and others... (eyepoint)
From: "Michael A. Covington" <mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 19:46:23 -0400
Right; eyepoint (eye relief) is not directly predictable from magnification
and field coverage, although it tends to be associated with lower
magnifications.  The Nikon F3HP has 100 0.000000ield coverage, about 0.8x
magnification with a 50-mm lens, and unusually long eye relief (about 20
mm).

I am still wondering about the feasibility of a high-eyepoint modification
for the OM-4T.  I can think of two ways to do it: replace an element in the
eyepiece lens system with something that has longer focal length, or add a
negative element right behind the eyepiece (probably within the frame rather
than in a holder, so as not to take up space) and compensate for its effect
by using the diopter adjustment.

Michael A. Covington  /  AI Center  /  The University of Georgia
http://www.ai.uga.edu/~mc  http://www.mindspring.com/~covington   <><