[OM] 4T, 4Ti

Subject: [OM] 4T, 4Ti
From: "R.S. Adams" <aeolian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 18:23:23 -0800
The "list" has said:

"I'm afraid I'm with those who say that the Ti stands for titanium.
Note
that there is no OM3T, just the OM3Ti."

"Corrections? Well I still think that the Ti stands for titanium (the
reasons for the US (only) using T have been explained) - so there!"

I guess the plain old OM4T must be the "Tundra" model (used in
prehistoric times to photograph mastodons), and then was switched to Ti
when titanium was discovered!  (Tongue firmly in cheek! :-) )

Actually, got an email response from Olympus in NY and they said the
"i," is indeed for "international" and not for the i in the symbol Ti =
Titanium!  Although, we know that the symbol "is" Ti, no disputing that,
of course, just that Oly didn't use it in that sense.