Re: [OM] perspective control lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] perspective control lenses
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 19:29:49 -0700
At 06:25 PM 10/26/98 +0100, Marc Simon wrote:

[snip]

>I quote the text in German perhaps some of our German friends could
>translate for "all of us" (including me...) in our "current and common
>language" somebody of the list understand what I mean...
>" Dieser Adapter verbindet Mittelformat-Objective mit allen gängigen
>KB-SLR-Kameras. Zur Vermeidung stürzender Linien und Herstellung von
>Panoramaaufnahmen.+/- 20mm Verstellung und 360° Verdrehung"

>From a German friend of mine (whose English is superb, but who doesn't always know how to translate certain German technical terms into English equivalents):

"This adapter connects medium-format lenses to all current/common KB-SLR cameras.  [This] avoids converging lines and [allows one] to take panorama pictures.  +/-20mm adjustment [shift?] and 360 degrees of twist."

The stuff in italics are the parts where she's not sure the English equivalent she picked is sufficient, and I've put in one interpretation in square brackets with a question mark.  I cracked open my Langenscheidt's and checked 'em out -- as far as I can tell, this translation's pretty much spot on.  The "twist," as I interpret it, means "rotate about the lens' radial axis," which would allow the shift mechanism to be used in any direction.  Neat-o.  ;-)

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
than a good day doing just about
anything else."
The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at: