RE: [OM] Manual Oly SLR with shutter above 1/2000 sec??

Subject: RE: [OM] Manual Oly SLR with shutter above 1/2000 sec??
From: Wayne Harridge <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:29:13 +1100
Chris,

        lot's of stuff deleted

> p.s. Does anyone want the software I wrote to do interactive
>       calculations like the above?  It's written in Forth,
>       which will be familiar to anyone who's used one of
>       HPs Reverse-Polish calculators.

        Wrote a program to do the very same thing in FORTRAN 20 years ago !

        My concern is the "Circle of Confusion", what is acceptable in some
circumstances may not be for others, e.g. the acceptable (what degree of
unsharpness will I tolerate) size may depend on the degree of enlargement of
the final image and the viewing distance, etc., etc.

        I guess there is a "Standard" size for the CofC, what is it, and for
what situations is it "optimized" for ?  When I was doing calculations of
DOF I allowed the CofC size to be specified by the user, depending on how
critical the sharpness requirement was.

        Sorry, just my ramblings, nothing is ever "absolute".

        ...Wayne