[OM] using the 16/3.5 full-frame fisheye

Subject: [OM] using the 16/3.5 full-frame fisheye
From: William Sommerwerck <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 13:41:59 -0700
"I've been playing with my new toys this morning. The 16/3.5 is, well,
interesting! I'm sure I'll be able to put it to good use, but I'll need
to think about it..."

I used to use the full-frame fisheye (say that 3 times, fast) quite a
bit (especially when I was travelling for Bendix). It has several
obvious uses:

1. When you just _have_ to get everything in.

2. When you deliberately want to distort the image.

3. When the lines and shapes in the image become more "interesting"
because of the distortion.

Page 113 of "The OM System Lens Handbook" shows an example in which the
distortion is not visible at all!