Re: [OM] My "new" OM-1N and its focusing screen.

Subject: Re: [OM] My "new" OM-1N and its focusing screen.
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 22:36:20 EDT
Hi Ingimar,
Following comments.

ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<< Friends, I have been buying some OM things this weekend. I found and bought
one
 camera body and two Zuiko lenses.
 The body was an OM-1N and the lenses was one 35/2.8 and one 100/2.8. I
 think I made a great deal as I bought all for approx. US$ 250.

snip,
Sounds like you got a steel!!

 The focusing screen became very dark except for a small circular area at the
 center, it was even hard to see the meter.
 The screen had a circle and four lines (up, down, left and right) and
 each of these lines had another *very* close line next to it. The lines
 started from the circle and stopped before the center so a little space
 appeared in the center. it looks like the 1-11 screen as it is a little matte
 outside the circle.

Snip!
 Yep, You've got a 1-11, made for macro above 1 or 2X mag.  It will not work
on regular lenses.

Now, please correct me if I am wrong
 The camera I had before, and still have, is the OM-10 and I guess the
 screen to that camera is the 1-13, right? It works good for me, but I
 *think* the 1-4 could do as well, so either would be good for me I
 think.

Snip,
The 1-4 & 1-10 are my favorite screens.

 Regards/