Re: [OM] My "new" OM-1N and its focusing screen.

Subject: Re: [OM] My "new" OM-1N and its focusing screen.
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 21:38:39 EDT
In a message dated 10/12/98 4:18:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< I strongly suggest you to buy a 2-4 or 2-13 screen, as they are far better
 than 1-xx counterparts for gp. >>

The 2 series screens won't mount in an OM-1 without modification (I believe
the procedure is in the FAQ). They will also throw off the meter by 1/2 to 2/3
of a stop (according to John H.) I presume you could have the meter
recalibrated to those screens, or determine by experiment want the offset
factor was and adjust your ISO to compensate.

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI