Re: Update: [OM] 35-70 f3.6 Tiny Balls was Olympus 100-200 f-5 for sale

Subject: Re: Update: [OM] 35-70 f3.6 Tiny Balls was Olympus 100-200 f-5 for sale
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 1998 22:46:02 EDT
David J. Russell wrote:Claude- >
 After looking at my 35-70mm f3.6 zoom the idea of taking it apart seems
 >frightening: there is a lot of glass and a lot of movement with lens groups
too.
 A project of this complexity is beyond me, so I will pass on this.

 Good move. I hear that lens has a large number of very tiny ball bearings
 which fall out in a heap when you open the lens.>>

Yep,
About 9,999,999,999.001 of them which will fall everywhere, including inside
your lens.  I found this out the hard way, with a brand new 35-70 f3.6, when I
took off a filter.  The end of the lens came off and well, you know the rest
of the story.
BW