Re: [OM] Coming aboard

Subject: Re: [OM] Coming aboard
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 23:36:46 -0700
>have about Nikon. The Hove book, The Nikon Compendium, has served me well.
>I'm sad that there are no such system overview books still in print about
>the OM system (or none that I've seen, anyway).

     Hello Jason,

       Welcome to the list. I think you'll find as you get used to your
    new OM, you'll come to love it's feel. I sell cameras all day long and
    no other camera feels as good to me as my OM's.
      Lens ARE available (and faster than the ones you've mentioned, but
    bigger glass always has a higher price). Just keep watching here and keep
    looking. I just scored a 55mm f1.2 last night, the first I'd seen in
    person.
      Ok, the book. The one *I* know is still available is Olympus User's
    Guide, Modern Classics series from Hove (ISBN 0-906447-90-9). Maybe it's
    because I've been using OM's since '77, but I didn't learn much from it.
    And is by no means a thorough overview of the system. but as a newcomer
    to OM's, you may find it helpful. Hope this helps.

                                                    enjoy,
                                                     Brad