Re: [OM] One touch zooms (was...Re: [OM] Zuiko 85-250/f5...)

Subject: Re: [OM] One touch zooms (was...Re: [OM] Zuiko 85-250/f5...)
From: Dan Medley <dmedley@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 23:30:03 -0700
Cc: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
At 12:08 AM 10/9/98 -0400, Mark wrote:
Hmm....  Good point.  I am actually interested in using this lense to
photograph aircraft demonstrations.  Especially at airshows...  The 85-250
might not be suitable for this.  I have a Vivitar Ser 1 70-210, which I
guess is a 'one-touch' both focus and zoom with the same ring.  At the
Mirimar airshow, the aircraft (and runway) were close enough that I had to
focus, and frame at the same time.  I can not see doing this having to
adjust two rings.  The 65-200, although a Zuiko, would be pretty much be
equivilent to my Vivitar - which, as far as the untrained eye can tell
(mine :) does fairly well.

Regards,
Dan M