Re: [OM] Olympus Vs. Other...

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Vs. Other...
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 01:52:22 EDT
Steve Worner writes:

> With Olympus, up until recently at
>  least, a Zuiko lens was a Zuiko lens. You could buy it knowing it would
>  fit OM-1/2/3/4/10/20 etc and offer consistent quality.

The S Zuikos are a way of saying, "we are letting performance slide at the
sake of a better cost/performance ratio."  The AF lenses were simply an
"Olympus" lens, as are the IS series zooms.  One can make of that what they
wish.

Every lens line has their dogs.  Moose Peterson points out a few Nikkors of
such ill repute in his Nikon System book.  I just sold a 35-70mm f/3.5~4.5
Canon FD which would better be described as an "S Canon FD" (ala the S Zuiko).
I'm not willing to repeat my vote on a Zuiko dog, least I get flamed.  Plus
YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary), as well as Beauty Is In The Eyes Of The
Beholder.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV