Re: [OM] Any advice for a novice?

Subject: Re: [OM] Any advice for a novice?
From: "Rand E. Tomcala" <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 14:26:38 -0700
In my opinion, the best thing that could be done for a budding future
photographer would be to provide an OM1.  The differential in funding
between the cost of the OM4 and the OM1 going into film and processing
materials or cost.  It is like using calculators in school, there is no
problem with it as long as the individual already knows and understands
how to do the problem and then the calculator removes drudgery.  I
should not be used as a crutch for lack or understanding and knowledge,
so it is with photography and automation.
  Anyway, that's the way that I see it.
Rand E.