Re: [OM] F280 Off Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 Off Camera
From: "Jim Terazawa" <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:43:30 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jim Terazawa)
I think the F280 was originally designed by different design team,
different from manual focus OM SLR line-up.  Evidently, there was
not good communications between the applications/marketing/design
folks.

I have a F280, T32, and BG2.  The T32/BG2 combination is great for
off-camera operations and with dedicated power supply coupling pins.
However in case of the F280, there is no dedicated external power
supply input pins, relying only the batteries within the F280 unit
itself.  In addition, you need separate cable called something
like F0.6m TTL cord to perform off-camera strobing.

It is too bad Oly is no longer producing the T32/T20's.  I confirmed
with Olympus headquarters while I was visiting Tokyo earlier this
year.

Regards,
Jim Terazawa