Re: [OM] F280 Off Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 Off Camera
From: ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 21:40:57 EDT
ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx wrote:
 >What I do fine strange with the 280 on the bounce grip is; if there are no
 >batteries in the 280 flash, it will not fire, nor will it charge up.  This
is
 >not the case with the T32.  >BW
Frank wrote;
 In the same spot where the T-32 has a 3-fold connector to the bounce
 grip, the F-280 has only an empty hole. So there is no possibility to
 get the bounce grip high voltage into the F-280.
 Frank van Lindert
 Utrecht NL. >>

Hi Frank,
Well, leave it to you to keep us straight.  I thought for a long time that the
280 would not charge up from the bounce grip's C batteries because I did not
see any increase or decrease in charge up time.  But, a few weeks ago someone
said he used the 280 on his bounce grip.  So, I thought I was mistaken and
would wait until I had some dead AA's on hand to check it out.  So, as usual
you have saved us some time.
The more I think about it.  This really P***s's me off.  The reputation of the
280 as a battery hog in Super FP mode is real enough.  I think OLY could have
at least added the "3-fold" plugs to allow the use of the bounce grip's
battery power to reduce charge up time and extend battery life as it does with
the T32.
Anyway, thanks again for the bad news!
One more OLY BUBBLE BUSTED!!!!!
BW