Re: [OM] Victoria Camera Show results

Subject: Re: [OM] Victoria Camera Show results
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:39:06 +1000
Shawn wrote

"ps: I passed on an Olympus 49mm CloseUp lens ($15), as I assumed a 50/1.8
with
extension would be as good or better. Is this correct, or is there a case
where
a close up lens is a better choice?"

Close up lenses have the advantage of not losing light. Extension will cost
you light (the effective f stop becomes a bigger number, less light), and
the more you extend, the greater the diffraction becomes.

However, close up lenses are not usually sharp, and flatness of field is not
too good.

Foxy