Re: [OM] Re: Cost of goods, no OM content

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Cost of goods, no OM content
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 20:55:36 -0700

>>Richard Dale wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm Simon, speaking as a Thatcherite.....
>>>
>>> eg Rover cars in spite of receiving so much subsidy/help from the
>>> government/honda/bmw even still now produce an extremely poor quality
>>> product,
>>
>>This is a perfect argument against welfare in any form.
>
>I agree!
Depends on how it is done. Since the government bail out of Chrysler
corporation it has become the most profitable American car company.
Government protection of the American microcircuit industry allowed it to
flourish and a computer industry as well. The government created the
internet which you are using to send EMail.

>>> I would avoid buying anything made in a British factory,
>>> even British designed goods.
>>
>>OUCH.   I do have some British-made electronics goods which seem quite good.
>>

>B&W Loudspeakers! mmmm!
>

>Mark Hammons

Every country has its strengths. It does not seem quite fair to denigrate
everything because of problems in some areas. It would be similar to
knocking of all of U.S. manufacturing because of the inability to
profitably build a television, a reliable Jeep, a decent camera or a ton of
steel without using more energy and 4 times as much water as Germany does.

Winsor

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California
mailto:wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx