Re: [OM] Re: Cost of goods, no OM content

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Cost of goods, no OM content
From: "Richard Dale" <Richard_Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 07:51:03 +0000
OK agreed some top end Brit electronics are good, most are made in small
quantities in small factories, they don't have (m)any moving parts.
Richard

 (Embedded
 image moved   "Mark Hammons" <astair @ ix.netcom.com>
 to file:      29/09/98 00:54
 PIC16018.PCX)

Please respond to olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   olympus @ Zuiko.sls.bc.ca
cc:    (bcc: Richard Dale/FIGROUP)

>Richard Dale wrote:
>
>> Hmmm Simon, speaking as a Thatcherite.....
>>
>> eg Rover cars in spite of receiving so much subsidy/help from the
>> government/honda/bmw even still now produce an extremely poor quality
>> product,
>
>This is a perfect argument against welfare in any form.
I agree!

>> I would avoid buying anything made in a British factory,
>> even British designed goods.
>
>OUCH.   I do have some British-made electronics goods which seem quite
good.

B&W Loudspeakers! mmmm!

Mark Hammons

 ? F.I.GROUP PLC