[OM] Tamron 17mm/3.5

Subject: [OM] Tamron 17mm/3.5
From: wiliam.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 13:16:58 +0100
Hello to all,

I am offered a Tamron 17mm/3.5 by another list member.

He does not use it quite as much as he thought, so he feels he cannot
describe it' merits compared to other lenses good enough. He suggested
asking that to the list, which I do right now. Of course, I would love to
buy a Zuiko 18mm, but I am affraid that if I ever find one I won't be able
to afford it.

Do any of the list-members know anything about this lens?
- How is it built optically and mechanically?
- How about light fall-off and image degradation to the edges?
- Does it display straight lines near the edges still straight?
- What is a fair price for this lens in good condition? described by seller
: "there are no lens
scratches, no dents etc on the lens, but it has been used, hence 9+.  it
is in excellent shape though. optically, the glass is clean, no cleaning
marks, scratches, etc." Asking price was $200,- including shipping. Offer
at first impression was $150,-.

Keep in mind that we are both list-members, hence FAIR price.

Thanks in advance
Wiliam Wagenaar.