Re: [OM] 85/2 MC vs SC

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 MC vs SC
From: "Wiese" <wiese@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 20:46:19 +1000
Thanks Gary - I'd forgotten your analysis of the pricing - mea culpa.  The
deal I was eyeing on an SC 80/2 will have to slide anyway - I just spent a
fair proportion of my tax return (...like getting paid all over again...) on
a deal on a Tokina ATX 80-200/2.8: $450 AUD (approx. $280 USD) - otherwise
$100 - $250 AUD more here, just because the zoom ring was slipping a little.
After reading some of the posts here recently, I had a look under the rubber
focus/zoom ring, then bought it, took it home and tightened a screw, and now
its brilliant: 9+ glass, 9- cosmetic.  It's a heavy sod, but it came with a
tripod collar, so I can sling it on my monopod and take some better photos
of bands and stuff.  I'm not packing away my 135/2.8 though - there's no way
I'm carrying the zoom around on a hike...

Cheers

Andy