Re: [OM] Oly OM System

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly OM System
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:40:08 -0400
At 09:33 PM 9/24/98 -0400, you wrote:

>>What I don't
understand is the attitude of this group that Oly has "thrown in the towel."
Guess these people think that Lamborgini and Ferrari have "thrown in the
towel" since they didn't try to make a Pinto.

Well, that was my attitude, not necessarily that of the whole group. In
fact I'm probably the minority. Lamborghini has thrown in the towel also
and become part of a bigger group. Plus, they don't make a Pinto, but they
do make a helluva SUV!

>>Olympus.
"Thrown in the towel?"   NO WAY!
Moved mass production to more profitable areas?  Yep.
Note that the digital Olympus cameras get rave reviews.
As do their P&S.

My comments were directed solely to the SLR area. Of course they have a
thriving business in other areas.

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com