Re: [OM] Lars' Sniper Style Support (was "hiking outfit")

Subject: Re: [OM] Lars' Sniper Style Support (was "hiking outfit")
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 13:37:00 +0100
I use a different sort of monopod called a "Camcane" which is marketed by
Billingham (high-quality bag manufacturer in the UK).  This rather neat
thing is built like a walking cane with a screw at the top.  I also have an
elastic and leather sling fitted to it.  It can take a ball with a rubber
cup fitted to the camera, a "rubberneck" screwed to the camera (flexible
mount), a rubber rifle rest attachment in which to rest long lenses or a
standard tripod head if required.  It is easy to carry since it is of
carbon fibre and I use the rifle rest a lot of the time.

If anyone is interested, there is probably a photo on Billingham's website;
the UK one is www.Bilingham.co.uk, but there is another in the US
(different English I expect ;-)).

Chris