Re: [OM] Om-2s film advance problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Om-2s film advance problem
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 21:29:07 +0200
Red Rover wrote:

>     My Om-2s has an annoying habit of not properly advancing the film.
> Atleast once in every roll I shoot, the frames are either exactly side by
> side (sans the customary little space) or they are slightly overlapping.
> Also there are times when the film will allow advancement without taking a
> picture, creating little voids between frames. If I'm careful to remember
> whether or not I've fired a shot, and when I take precaution when advancing
> the film not to let my finger slip off mid-throw, I usually avoid these
> problems, but it's not somthing I ever have to worry about with my Om-10.
> Anyone have this problem? Is there a likely culprit, and if so, is it worth
> fixing? Thanks.

FWIW, I have experienced something similar (but to a worse degree) at
the end of a roll of film with my old OM1: The film can not advance, but
shutter was charged, causing a severe overlap of the two last exposures.

My guess is that it caused by dirt or stiff lubricants somewhere. Most
likely it can be fixed by suitable cleaning and adjustment. The
alternative would be a severely worn mechanism, which I doubt.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> aka <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"