[OM] Om-2s film advance problem

Subject: [OM] Om-2s film advance problem
From: "Red Rover" <red_rover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 09:36:30 -0700
    My Om-2s has an annoying habit of not properly advancing the film.
Atleast once in every roll I shoot, the frames are either exactly side by
side (sans the customary little space) or they are slightly overlapping.
Also there are times when the film will allow advancement without taking a
picture, creating little voids between frames. If I'm careful to remember
whether or not I've fired a shot, and when I take precaution when advancing
the film not to let my finger slip off mid-throw, I usually avoid these
problems, but it's not somthing I ever have to worry about with my Om-10.
Anyone have this problem? Is there a likely culprit, and if so, is it worth
fixing? Thanks.