RE: [OM] OLYMPUS ScannerES-10

Subject: RE: [OM] OLYMPUS ScannerES-10
From: "Shawn Wright" <swright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 14:47:56 -0800
On 16 Sep 98 at 11:39, Greg Heier wrote:

> One of those sites someone threw out there had a test pattern slide
> scan, it didn't really look that good. The HP looks like it does better
> quality scans, for less money. The bad thing about the HP is that
> there's no NT support (what were they thinking?).

Have you contacted them about this? The old ScanJet 5P was not listed for NT
support (and still isn't), yet I now have 3 of them at the school which work
fine with NT drivers originally designed for the 4C. The new 5100C
apparently has special drivers for NT which allow the parallel port to emulate
SCSI, but I haven't tried it. Maybe the same could done for the Photosmart?