Re: [OM] Black M-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Black M-1
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:27:15 -0400
You can clean and rub the affected areas of the prism till you get to  the glass
surface.  You can leave it this way and rebuild.  The original fungus which was
dark green or black is gone but there is a fine line showing between the clear
glass area and the coated part of the prism.  The clear part of the glass still
reflects properly, you would not know the silver coating was gone.
You must either replace the prism (Not available new) or have your prism
stripped and recoated.

John