Re: [OM] Black M-1

Subject: Re: [OM] Black M-1
From: "N.Maekawa" <maekawa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 15:49:51 +0900
Greg Heier wrote:
>Interesting... did they say anything about specifically what they did to
>remove the fungus? Did they have to take the top cover off? I have an OM-1
>with this problem. I've hesitated since taking the top cover off appears to
>be a major problem and I dont see any other way (this is on the side of the
>prisim towards the eye-piece).
>
>Greg

The article says nothing about the process of the overhaul.
Probably it is much time-consuming process. They say that this kind of bad
fungus is usually judged as "Impossible to repair" against common customers
coming to Olympus Service agency. This time special overhaul was done
because black colored M-1 body is absolutely rare.

N.Maekawa
Japan