[OM]Making a remote cord for Winder 2

Subject: [OM]Making a remote cord for Winder 2
From: Konrad Pizzuto <pizzuto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 01:30:44 -0700
Hi everybody,

I've read the CAMREP faq and was particularly interested in making a
Remote cord for my winder 2 and Om-10.
I've got a couple of queries if anyone would like to help me!

1)Does a Remote cord allow me to fire my camera shutter via the winder 2
from a distance - is that what a remote cord does?

2)Does the phone jack fit inside the hole to the right of the winder 2
shutter button?

3)If my interpretation of the faq is right, what you are effectively
doing is using a length of cable to perform a short circuit. Right?  Or
is a pulse of some sort meant to trigger the shutter?

4)I stuffed a mini phone jack into the hole on the right of the winder2
fire button and I noticed something funny (if it is funny after all)  As
you insert the phone jack the winder fires.  When you short the two
wires connected to the jack - nothing happens (ok, perhaps the contact
wasn't that good), when you withdraw the jack, the winder fires again.
Is my winder defective??

5) and finally does the remote firing work with sequence mode too?

thanks for your help

Konrad
--
<hr>