Re: [OM] Re: OM 4Ti and Macro Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM 4Ti and Macro Lenses
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 1998 16:08:04 EDT
Hi Ryan:

George graciously supplied the following:

> It'll [the Telescoping Auto Tube] will get you to 2:1 with the 80/4.  They
seem to be
>  fairly expensive used.  $150 and up I think.

You will need the close up lens (actually a matched screw in element) to get
to 2:1 with the 80mm f/4 and the Auto Tube.  It goes from about 1:2 (half life
size) to 1.2:1 without it.  There are rarely Auto Tubes offered for sale, so
you are at the mercy of dealer prices, which are running $195 to 199 (asking).
The close up lenses are running $50-60 (buying price) for 10- condition.
Perhaps it's best to buy these new, if you can afford them.  They ought to
retain their value, as they have appreciated in value over the last decade.
Additionally, it has been said here that the tube is being sold below what it
costs Olympus to manufacture.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV