Re: [OM] Bags & Systems Was Digital vs Film

Subject: Re: [OM] Bags & Systems Was Digital vs Film
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 22:49:49 -0700

ONLYOLYBW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>  gma@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
> << Now the fun part.  I like your dual setup, Paul.  I'm working to do
>  something similar.  In fact, last nite I tried to divvy up my OM/Zuiko
>  collection into two: a photo back-pack and a small take-along anywhere
>  bag.  I'm not sure I'm happy with the results.   >>
>
> Hi George & Paul,
> I did the same as you a few years ago, main bag / travel bag.  Then I decided
> to design a system around what I wanted to shoot, 1) Macro / Close-ups and 2)
> Wildlife / Nature.  I worked up an Excel spreadsheet listing for each system.
> All my "wish" list items were in red and what I already owned was in black.
> Then I studied bags to come up with the right size bag for each system.  This
> also helped me stay focused when I went to camera shows and shopped the used
> shelves of the local camera stores.
> I have a hard time just going out to photograph.  If I feel like shooting
> close-ups, I grab the close-up bag.  If I want to shoot Nature / wildlife,
> that bag is in my front seat.
> Anyway - food for thought.

Buddy;  Great use of Excel!  I've thought about 'specialized bags' too.  But I
come back to thinking that if I go out with just a macro bag, that'll be the
time
the alien spaceship hovers abouve the trees and I'm there with an 80/4 that
can't
focus on it! Or something like that.

You say above that you have a hard time just going out to photograph. It's not
clear to me why you do? Is it time itself, or does it have to do with the bags?

thanks

george