Re: [OM] Was Digital vs Film, is now Fawlty Towers and OM addiction.

Subject: Re: [OM] Was Digital vs Film, is now Fawlty Towers and OM addiction.
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 12:30:18 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/98 11:40:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cbarker@primus-
online.de writes:

<< I probably don't need another body (have OM1N and OM4).  Is anyone going to
 disuade me from spending £200 on this body?  Is this a service that we
 provide for fellow Zuikoholics...or do we allow each other to spend, spend,
 spend? >>

For what it's worth, I have an OM-1, OM-4, and an OM-2S. I keep the OM-1 and
OM-4 in my "big bag" with 28-48/4, 50/1.4, 100/2, 200/4, 2X-A, T32, T20,
bounce grip, Winder 2, etc... I mostly use the OM-4, with the OM-1 as backup.
I also use the OM-1 for astrophotography (which, alas, hasn't happened much
lately).

I keep the OM-2S in a separate bag, with 35-70/4, 50/1.8, Vivitar
75-205/3.8-4.8, Winder 2, and a T20. This is my "snapshot bag" I use for
family outings, etc... I like the OM-2S for this because with the winder it
becomes essentially a great manual focus "point-and-shoot" (point-focus-and-
shoot?). I can hand the camera to almost anyone, set it to program mode, and
let them shoot away (otherwise I'd never get in any of the pictures!). In a
pinch I have spot metering, too. In summary, I find the OM-2S a great
complement to my OM-1 and OM-4. I've also found it to be very reliable (just
make sure you keep a spare set of batteries around, especially if you're doing
a lot of flash shots!).

Paul Schings
Coventry, RI