[OM] Shock Horror - OM-4Ti Discontinuation Panic :) :)

Subject: [OM] Shock Horror - OM-4Ti Discontinuation Panic :) :)
From: "Michael A. Covington" <covington@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 16:38:44 -0400
"The OM4Ti was deleted from the English page, but it is still in the
Japanese page, http://www.olympus.co.jp/LineUp/Camera/camera.html.
It is quite possible that the OM4Ti has stopped production. If Olympus
are not going to introduce new high end OM system cameras (film or
digital), it is now for me to save some money for the OM3Ti in order to
support my 15+ Zuiko lenses."  -- C. H. Ling

Nonsense -- let's use OM-1's forever!  (With John Hermanson's battery
modification, of course.)

Seriously, the OM-4Ti disappeared off the American Olympus page a year or
two ago and panic spread through the community (especially this mailing
list).  Eventually it was reinstated.

I'll bet it's out of production due to adequate stock on hand, but that
doesn't mean it's discontinued.  Or are they about to release an update at
Photokina?  OM-4HP (high eyepoint), anyone?

Michael A. Covington  /  AI Center  /  The University of Georgia
http://www.ai.uga.edu/~mc  http://www.mindspring.com/~covington   <><