[OM] Re: OM-1 Battery Mod (was "Shock Horror - OM-4Ti Discontinuation P

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 Battery Mod (was "Shock Horror - OM-4Ti Discontinuation Panic :) :)")
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 20:03:48 -0500
At 07:32 PM 9/7/1998 -0400, you wrote:

>Michael A. Covington wrote:
>
>> Nonsense -- let's use OM-1's forever!  (With John Hermanson's battery
>> modification, of course.)
>
>I'm new to the OM list.....
>
>What is John Hermanson's battery modification?
>
>TIA,
>
>Bob

Hi Bob,

Check out:

        http://www.zuiko.com

John H. modifies the OM-1 battery cavity to take a 357 cell. He also
modifies the circuit to the proper voltage (1.3v). Result:  OM-1 forever ;-)

I've had this mod on one of my OM-1s.  Very reasonable cost in conjunction
with John's standard CLA.  Works great.

Joel