[OM] macro function

Subject: [OM] macro function
From: Andrew Burrows <bugsbugs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 1998 08:05:44 +0100
Hi

I'm just getting into photography so I bought an OM10 about a month ago
- its great and I've already had a lot of fun with it. This mate of my
Dad's gave me a zoom  lens for it at the weekend (made by ozeck with
focal lengths from 80 to 200mm) it is probably not a great one - as
after all this guy just gave it me - but it is better than nothing.

Any how my problem is that it has printed on it (next to all the focus
and zoom information) stuff about a MACRO MAG - as I understand it you
have to do something to a zoom lens to make it do macro stuff but I
can't find anything, on the lens, that I could do to get a macro mode.

Could it be that the markings refer to a non-existent mode or am I
missing something obvious?  I am not that bothered if it hasn't got the
mode but if it has I would like to know how to use it.

Please be patient with me as I am new to all this

Thanks

Andy