[OM] Night shots-50/50 OM content

Subject: [OM] Night shots-50/50 OM content
From: svtbrad@xxxxxxxxxx (Bradley Mabb)
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 21:26:59 -0700

    Hello All,

      Last night I enjoyed yet another (my 10th) Jethro Tull concert :) There
   were two differences that set this apart from the rest. First, it was an
   outdoor concert (Konocti Harbor,Lake Co.,Ca- 89 degrees). Second, a phone
   call to them on Tuesday revealed cameras were allowed! :) When I went through
   the gate the guard checked my bag (videos weren't allowed) and said I MAY
   have a problem because of my "large" lens (I had the Viv Series 1 70-210
   2.8-4.0 attached to the OM4 body.) He didn't look behind the padding where
   my Zuiko 300mm was or he might not have let me in :)
     Anyway, a few lessons learned that I thought I'd pass along-
   It's a good idea to take along a small flashlight (ever try and change asa
   settings in the dark?;)). If you think 800asa will do the job, take along
   some 1600,too. If it weren't for the 1950's German fold up tripod (about 7"
   long closed down), I'd never have gotten ANY shots.A 15th and 30th of a
   second (w/Zuiko 300) was the fastest I shot all night.
     And one odd observation- I was getting a higher shutter speed through the
   Zuiko 300 (f 4.5) than I was the Vivitar (f 4.0 at 210). A stop and a half
   difference. Strange. also, had no problems with the OM4 on manual,but it
   froze up every time on auto (4th and 8th secs w/viv lens). Is it that the
   different metering can't read that low of light? curious to hear input on
   either of these.

                                                enjoy,
                                                  Brad